- Download the PlayStation app on your smartphone: This is free from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Connect your PS4 and smartphone to the same network.
- Open the Settings menu on your PS4. Select “PlayStation App Connection Settings” – “Add Device.” A code will appear on the screen.
- Open the PlayStation app on your mobile device and select “Connect to PS4” at the bottom of the screen. Your PS4 should appear with the words “Powered On” underneath. Select your PS4. If your PS4 does not appear, ensure both devices are connected to the same network, and press the Refresh button to scan again.
- Enter the eight-digit code displayed by your PS4. You will be connected to the PS4 and can start controlling the PS4 using your phone.
Use the phone as the PS4’s keyboard
Select the keyboard icon on your phone screen and you can use your phone as your PS4’s keyboard. This can make typing a lot easier than using the controller.